Teeth whitening is the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedure for bleaching or whitening teeth that have lost their sheen and become dark and yellowish over time. Teeth whitening, also known as teeth bleaching, effectively reduces stained and discolored teeth caused by smoking/chewing tobacco, drinking dark-colored liquids such as coffee, tea, red wine, or simply aging.
Americans spend nearly $2 billion per year on teeth whitening treatments to keep their smiles looking bright. It is by far the simplest, quickest, and most reliable way to whiten your teeth.
What Are My Teeth Whitening Options?
There are three kinds of teeth whitening treatments available at Anderson Lake Dental. The following are all safe and effective at removing deeper stains:
Opalescence is a take-home whitening gel which is only available through a licensed dental professional. This professional tooth whitening helps you whiten your teeth, allowing you to smile brighter and more confidently. Your dentist will make you a custom tray which allows you to effectively use the gel.
One of the most common procedures for whitening teeth is bleaching. Frequently used in USA and all over the world, it undoes the discoloration of enamel and dentin. The Zoom is a highly effective tooth whitening procedure which can be availed in-office by patients. It uses a light-activated 25% hydrogen peroxide gel with a full-arch (upper and lower) bleaching lamp. The bleaching lamp provides the power needed making is a quick, safe and effective for whitening your teeth.
Are you suffering from tetracycline (dark) stained teeth? Avail one of the most effective teeth whitening procedures to those pearly whites at Anderson Lake Dental today! It is a tried and tested method of whitening teeth which is recognized all over the world. The KOR Whitening System works by restoring your teeth’s ability to absorb oxygen. The whitening gel itself also includes oxygen which is absorbed into the teeth. This dissolves and removes the stain molecules, allowing your teeth to appear whiter, brighter and cleaner.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
Everyone wants to have a picture-perfect smile that they can show off to everyone without feeling self-conscious. Discolored or stained teeth prevent us from doing so. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry reports that 99.7% of Americans believe a smile is an important social asset.
People seek teeth whitening treatments to whiten their dark teeth as a result of this mindset. Teeth whitening treatment has several benefits, which include:
- Boost our Self-Esteem – A whiter smile boosts our self-esteem like nothing else. Teeth whitening treatment gives us whiter and brighter teeth, making us feel more confident in ourselves.
- Enhance our Oral Hygiene – The most important aspect of any dental procedure is maintaining good oral hygiene. Teeth whitening removes stain or debris from our teeth while making them healthier and stronger to combat other dental issues.
- 100% Safe – In-office teeth whitening treatment is completely safe. During the procedure, the protective gel covers our gums, lips, and tongue, removing the possibility of swallowing peroxide.
- Cost-Effective – While most cosmetic dentistry procedures are out of reach for the average person, teeth whitening is one of the most affordable.
- Enhance our Appearance – The most important feature of our appearance is our smile, and teeth whitening treatment helps to improve that by making our teeth whiter and brighter.
Is Teeth Whitening Safe? – Common Side Effects
Every dental procedure necessitates additional care after it is completed. Failure to do so has several unintended consequences. The following are some of the side effects of teeth whitening:
- Sensitive Teeth – After whitening, our teeth become extremely sensitive to hot and cold temperatures. It is advised to avoid drinking hot, cold, or acidic beverages for a few weeks after teeth whitening.
- Irritated Gums – Even after intensive care, some of the whitening gel may come into contact with our gums, causing irritation. If the irritation persists after a few days, make an appointment with your dentist for a check-up.
Is Teeth Whitening Suitable For Everyone?
While a teeth whitening treatment is safe for most people, it is not suitable for everyone. Irritation can also occur if your gums are pulled away from your teeth. Also, if you have fillings, crowns, or dental implants, a teeth whitening procedure will not lighten them.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women are also advised to avoid teeth whitening because the risks for them have yet to be discovered. Before undergoing any whitening treatment, it is critical to consult with your dentist, who can perform a routine check-up on your mouth and clear you for treatment with healthy gums and teeth.
Teeth Whitening Cost in Eden Prairie
Each teeth whitening treatment has a different price depending on the extent of treatment needed. Cases where whitening requirements are more advanced generally cost more than mild cases of discoloration. We have the most qualified and skilled teeth whitening dentists at Anderson Lake Dental Clinic in Eden Prairie, MN, who can advise you on which teeth whitening treatment is best for you. They have extensive knowledge and can assist you in effectively and safely whitening your teeth.