It is a gift to have a perfect smile that makes us feel confident. However, perfect smiles without blemishes are a rare natural occurrence. If you’ve seen someone with a stunning smile, chances are they’ve had a few appointments with a qualified cosmetic dentist.
Cosmetic dentistry is an umbrella term for extensive dental services and procedures aimed at improving the appearance of teeth, gums, and/or bite. The chief objective of every cosmetic dentistry procedures is the same, which is to restores people's confidence by providing them with natural-looking teeth that perfectly suit their mouth in terms of size, shape, structure, color, and arrangement.
Types of Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry procedures include:
1. Dental Veneers
Dental veneers, also known as porcelain veneers, are custom-made shells that are adhered to the surface of a decaying, crooked, chipped, or discolored tooth. Veneers are also used by cosmetic dentists to bridge gaps between teeth. Veneers preserve the tooth surface from deterioration while also improving the quality of a smile.
2. Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is the most commonly performed cosmetic dentistry procedure. It is used to whiten, shine, and brighten teeth discolored by smoking and drinking tea, coffee, and red wine.
Botox is a proven treatment for muscle-generated dental disorders like bruxism, masseter trophy, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder, and other problems. It is also useful in the treatment of aesthetic dental conditions like high lip lines (gummy smile) dental nasolabial folds, radial lip lines, and many other similar issues.
Juvederm refers to a variety of gel-based fillers that are all used to improve the signs of aging. Juvederm injections help produce more collagen and elasticity to restore face structure, add volume, smooth wrinkles, and laugh lines, and appear more natural and youthful.
Inlays and Onlays are made of composite materials that are cemented into the tooth and fit the specific size and shape of the cavity. It is a long-term cosmetic dental treatment that fills a decaying tooth. A cosmetic dentists will take measurements of your decayed tooth that requires filling to make a flawless inlay or onlay in the dental laboratory and will adhesively bond it into place.
6. Composite Bonding
This procedure is applied for restoring teeth by filling gaps in between or rebuilding tooth structure that has been lost/decayed. The composite resin is attached to a tooth and molded to mirror its natural structure. It is colored to match the rest of the teeth for a natural appearance.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry treatments are highly effective, safe, and produce instant results. Some of the main benefits of cosmetic dentistry are:
- Enhanced Appearance – Cosmetic dentistry improves people's appearance by providing clean, white, and bright teeth as well as healthy gums.
- Improved Dental Health – Most procedures not only improves appearance but also improves your oral and dental health by preserving the bone structure of lost teeth from deteriorating.
- Improved Self-Confidence – Healthy-looking teeth naturally allow people to laugh with confidence and self-assurance without worrying about discolored or crooked teeth or bad breath.
- Improved Diet – The loss of teeth has a significant impact on our diet since it limits our ability to chew certain foods such as nuts, fruits, or meat. Better teeth and oral health allow patients to consume improved diets comfortably.
Common Cosmetic Dental Problems
People usually demand cosmetic dental treatments for the following problems:
- Crooked Teeth – Crooked teeth are uneven, tilted, overlapped, and twisted teeth that are most common in children and the elderly. They can obstruct speech and cause bite problems.
- Stained or Discolored Teeth – Smoking or drinking dark liquids such as tea, coffee, and red wine can stain teeth and make them appear dark and ugly, lowering one's self-esteem.
- Cracked Teeth – A broken, chipped, or cracked tooth can be excruciating. If left untreated, it becomes prone to decay, leading to a variety of severe dental issues.
- Lost Teeth – Missing teeth are not only unattractive, but they also cause a slew of issues. The most common is that the bone structure of the missing teeth deteriorates. This causes facial sagging, making people appear older and frailer.
- Gapped Teeth – A gap between the teeth. Food can easily become stuck in the space, causing gingivitis, cavities, and foul breath.
Finding the Right Cosmetic Dentists
Finding the right cosmetic dentist is extremely important to ensure you receive the best treatment for your problem. At Anderson Lake Dental Clinic in Eden Prairie, MN, our priority is to make clients as comfortable as possible. After an examination, we walk our clients through the diagnosis and treatment options, providing you with dental advice you need to make an informed decision regarding future course of action.
How much does cosmetic dentistry cost in Eden Prairie, MN?
The cost of cosmetic dentistry depends on the nature of the particular treatment you need, which only becomes apparent after a dental examination. Make an appointment with Anderson Lake Dental for a consultation and to get a quote for your cosmetic dentistry treatment.
Is cosmetic dental work covered by insurance?
Every insurance plan offers a different kind of coverage for dental procedures. We try our best to provide a treatment that requires no extra charges beyond what your dental insurance can cover.
Is cosmetic dentistry safe?
Yes, cosmetic dentistry is completely safe and effective, especially when performed by an experienced and qualified dentist. Any side effects associated with cosmetic dentistry, such as swelling, pain, and bleeding are very temporary and start improving as soon as the procedure is finished. If you trust your dentist to be a reputable and experienced professional, you have absolutely nothing to worry about receiving cosmetic dentistry treatments from them.